Thursday, December 10, 2009

Necessary Equipment

As we work on setting up our shop, I thought I would list the essential equipment we have already assembled:

1) Computer, of course, with a flat screen - it has a good processor  with a lotta RAM, says my son, the computer college graduate.
2) Software: we have a copy of Corel, it's old, I may have to upgrade. Personally, I prefer PhotoShop Elements and may use that but it is important to have a good art program.
3) Camera, 8.2 megapixels is pretty good.
4) Scanner, I may have to pick up a better one, this one is very old.
5) Dye Sublimation Printer - my big investment, I got a Ricoh GX7000. I can print 11X17 with it and if I buy a bypass tray I can get up to 13" wide.
6) Sublimation inks - only one company makes it for the printer- 4 cartridges (Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black) SubliJet-R inks.
7) Regular office printer, my Ricoh GX5050n, the one that uses the $28 a set inks. (Also CMYK)
8) My heat press: I have Hix 15x15. We have it bolted to a heavy desk already.

There you go, now here's the damage:
1) Computer - $400 so far (used http://craigslist.com)
2) Software - $200 so far (ebay, but be careful!)
3)Camera - $80 (Best Buy)
4) Scanner $25 (ebay again)
5) GX7000 - $720 (http://www.conde.com)
6) Inks $400 (conde.com, too)
7) GX5050n $300 (they had a great incentive sale at Conde!!)
8) Heat Press - $250 (ebay, a real deal for a good brand)

Total $3,125.oo

Next, we can talk about small accessories. By the way, this equipment enables us to put photo quality images on a variety of products, like tee shirts, tiles and a huge array of popular items. Follow my blog to hear more as we get the Mermaid's Chest created!

No comments:

Post a Comment