Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Setting Up The Mermaid's Chest

We are starting our new business in our garage.The garage itself needed a major makeover and that is just about completed, so I have turned my attention to equipment and office machines.

I have a fairly good computer but I needed a printer for general officework and I have chosen the Ricoh Gelsprinter GX5050n. (http://www.dyetrans.com/browse_ricoh?printer=GX5050N). Now, I have several reasons for choosing the Ricoh. One is that I already purchased another Ricoh, the GX7000, which we are setting up to use for dye sublimation printing on products, the core of our product line. The GX7000 is a bigger (13" wide) printer but I am so impressed with how fast and nice it prints, I was more than enthusiastic about another Gelsprinter. They use only four cartridges and they have a convenient and easy ink delivery system.

Plus, and this is the big tip for today: you can purchase the starter ink cartridges for $7 each from http://www.conde.com! These carts are smaller than the regular ones, but they print over 400 pages, and the $40 ones only print 1000 pages. Doing the math makes me a smart cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment